Yet, I do not want my art to be forced or obvious.
I feel that in an attempt to complete so much in art and life, I have spread out my resources, and possibly diluted my effect on the world around me. I think that I have avoided committing to one path, one goal, and have rather dabbled in many.
I guess now....
maybe
I need to let down my walls; and my attempts to try and control
maybe I need to be open to subtle callings
deal with what is right in front of me
and let my interests seep through
rather then impressing them
upon myself and others
1 comment:
This is out of the blue, we did artworks together if you remember. Randomly ran into your twitter account, which lead me to this blog. Which lead me to this post about the wonderful book "Art & Fear."
I've read it a couple of times and push it upon any other artist I know; believing it's message. It's great to hear that you are still involved in art. As "Art & Fear" says, the insecurities of artists are not isolated, but shared. Reading your own introspective thought just supports this more.
The idea that I believe in most currently is to trust your gut, your intuition, and personal view. I share the want to have my art interact, or have an effect, with the viewer.
Trust your ideas, do what feels right and pursue it to the nth degree. If anything you'll learn something from the whole ordeal, and grow from it. Also, having a variety of experiences just informs your own view more. It's a strength.
Just hearing you talk about the book and your thoughts about your own art I felt compelled to respond. Hope this isn't too awkward, and that you find it helpful.
Have a good day...
Post a Comment